Designer handbags are a status symbol for many women. They are often very expensive, and many women take great care of them. However, over time, the inside of your designer handbag can become dirty and stained. In this blog post, we will discuss how to clean the inside of your designer handbag so that it looks new again!
What is the Different Lining of Designer Handbags?
There are three different lining types that are commonly used in designer handbags: leather, suede, and fabric. Each type of lining requires a different cleaning method.
Leather: Leather is the most common lining used in designer handbags. Leather is a durable material that can withstand wear and tear. However, over time, the leather can become dry and cracked. You will need to use a special leather cleaner or conditioner to clean the leather.
Suede: Suede is another type of lining that is often used in designer handbags. Suede is made from the underside of animal skin and is very soft to the touch. However, suede can be easily stained by water or dirt. To clean suede, you will need to use a special suede brush.
Fabric:Fabric is the third lining type commonly used in designer handbags. Fabric is a durable material that can withstand a lot of wear and tear. However, over time, the fabric can become stained or faded. To clean fabric, you will need to use a mild detergent and a soft cloth.
How to Clean the Inside of a Designer Handbag
Now that you know what type of lining your designer handbag has, it is time to learn how to clean it. Cleaning the inside of your designer bag is just as important as the outer. Your handbag could be full of bacteria to the brim, and nobody wants that, so keeping the inside of your bag is essential.
To clean a leather lining:
- Use a wet, soft, lint-free cloth to dampen the leather and remove dirt from the lining.
- Make sure only to dampen the leather.
- Do not soak the leather lining, as too much water in the leather may cause damage.
You can use a special leather cleaner and conditioner for a deeper clean. Apply the cleaner or conditioner to a soft cloth and wipe down the inside of your bag. Be sure to avoid getting any cleaner or conditioner outside your bag.
To clean a suede lining, you need to use a special suede brush. Use the brush to gently remove any dirt or stains from the inside of your bag. Do not to scrub too hard, as this can damage the suede. Suede can mark quickly, and constant contact with dyed materials or spills can sometimes leave a permanent mark on the suede lining of your designer handbag.
Fabric or Textile Lining
Spills and stains from makeup, water, food, and other dirt can really ruin the interior of your designer bag, so be ahead of any marks by acting quickly on any stains and spillages.
Follow the steps below to clean your designer bag's fabric or textile lining.
- First, gently turn your bag inside out.
- Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to remove dirt. Pay close attention to cleaning the corners of the lining, as some dust or dirt might stay there.
- Mix the detergent with water to dampen the cloth. Gently wipe down the inside of your bag with the fabric in a circular motion.
- Be sure to rinse the cloth frequently to avoid damaging the fabric and rub the fabric in a circular motion.
- Once you have cleaned the inside of your designer handbag, gently rinse the textile lining of the bag in a sink and let it dry. You can hang it out to dry outside but avoid putting the bag in direct sunlight.
- When the cleaning is finished, gently turn the bag inside out again. This will help to keep it looking like new for years to come. Be sure to store it in a cool, dry place.
Tips on Keeping the Inside of Your Designer Bag Clean
Now that you know how to clean the inside of your designer handbag, here are a few tips on keeping it clean:
1. Regular Maintenance
Wipe the inside of your bag with a soft cloth every week, and once in a while, empty them, turn them upside down, and gently shake to remove dust and other small objects. This will help to remove any dirt or dust that has accumulated.
2. Remove Stains Right Away
If you spill something on the inside of your bag, be sure to wipe it up immediately. The longer a stain sits, the harder it will be to remove.
3. Do Not Overstuff Your Designer Handbag
Be careful not to overstuff your bag. This can cause the lining to become stretched out or damaged.
4. Use a Purse Organizer
Purchase a purse organizer insert to protect the lining of your designer handbag from dirt and stains and general wear and tear. A handbag organizer will help keep your handbag clean and organized. It also helps maintain your bag's shape and structure.
By following these simple tips, you can keep the inside of your designer handbag looking new for years to come! Thanks for reading.